Thursday, December 11, 2008

-SERENDIPITY -

i just wonder why i din come across such beautiful word.. i came to know this meaningful word only from one of tvb latest hot drama 'gem of life'. And i realized my life is exactly potrayed by just one word S-E-R-E-N-D-I-P-I-T-Y. What it exactly means is that the ability to make happy discoveries by accident. The word was coined by Horace Walpole 1754, after the fairy tale ‘The Three Princes of Serendip’. Serendip is an archaic name for Sri Lanka.

By just admiring the meaning of the word, my consciousness faded into my past, rewinding every important agenda that happens in my life and began to discover the beautyof my life that was portrayed by this divine word i shall say.

Lets just take an example, before coming to the land of hornbills, I never could have imagine that i would step foot on the east of Malaysia. To sound worse, i did not know the existance of Kuching town, and i tot it was all jungle , rivers and CROCODILES in Sarawak. Anyway, when i landed on this place, i found many happy surprises that are now part and parcel of my life
1. my darl
2. my wonderful housemates
3. my helpful coursemates
4. Kuching cleanliness and safety (relatively to penang of course)
5. Many green trees around (seldom to see in pg)
6. Clear blue sky with fluffy clouds during the evening
7. Got my old troublesome "junk" for a cheap price
8. Got a nice house to stay
9. Got my first taste of Sarawakians' proud product "Kolo mee"
10. ................ the list keeps going..

So u see... life is really unpredictable. No doubt one will not alwiz stumble upon happy discoveries... but if u do... make sure u understand the meaning of it.. and appreciate the things that u discover...

well.. the meaning is yet for u to appreciate!... i am so tired.. I actually continued this piece of writing one month apart. Anyway i hope u guys understand what i mean.. ; )

tata

-ivy-

No comments: